Now, that I know there is a dad out there communicating with those of us at home, I check my email everyday, several times a day, just to see if there is anything. I was so happy today at 4:00 p.m. to find something in my email inbox. Yippee! So here are a few shots from his very busy day. The dad reported the boys and the one girl that are students from the school, that went on the trip, play card games every night. They have a blast. He didn't mention if the adults do anything. Tonight, however, the kids were too pooped to play!
Dome of the Rock

Western Wall or Wailing Wall
They got to watch a Bar mitzvah. The girls couldn't go in, so they had to watch from behind the wall.
I love this picture. It is where tradition meets technology!
The boys/men can go into the area, but must wear kippahs. Isn't he cute. Only thing, I think that is the same shirt he wore yesterday. What is up with that? I sent 7 new shirts!
Here they are in the Hezekiah tunnel. Tight squeeze for sure. The dad reported that they sang as they walked through the 1750 feet tunnel. It took them 20 minutes. The cool water felt good as the weather is so hot.


The group crossed over into Palestinian controlled Bethlehem. They reported the atmosphere to be different, but they felt safe. Here is inside the Church of the Nativity. The dad said a group of machine gun toting guards boarded their bus to check for car bombers. He said it is very much the routine in that area.

Here is the owner of an olive wood carving shop. He was very friendly and boarded the bus for a bit to entertain the group. He sang Christmas songs in Aramaic, the language of the Savior.
It was also reported that Mr. Haymond, Austin's teacher, sang a couple of solos (Christmas songs) while they were in a chapel in Bethlehem! So cool.
*** I changed what I had listed for what they are doing tomorrow and from the email I got, I believe they changed a bit of their itinerary. So, the new schedule for tomorrow IS: they will visit the Ein Kerem, this is a village where John the Baptist was born. They will also go to the Model City and I think will get to the items they skipped today like the Old City, and the BYU Center.
Dome of the Rock
Western Wall or Wailing Wall
They got to watch a Bar mitzvah. The girls couldn't go in, so they had to watch from behind the wall.I love this picture. It is where tradition meets technology!

The boys/men can go into the area, but must wear kippahs. Isn't he cute. Only thing, I think that is the same shirt he wore yesterday. What is up with that? I sent 7 new shirts!

Here they are in the Hezekiah tunnel. Tight squeeze for sure. The dad reported that they sang as they walked through the 1750 feet tunnel. It took them 20 minutes. The cool water felt good as the weather is so hot.


The group crossed over into Palestinian controlled Bethlehem. They reported the atmosphere to be different, but they felt safe. Here is inside the Church of the Nativity. The dad said a group of machine gun toting guards boarded their bus to check for car bombers. He said it is very much the routine in that area.

Here is the owner of an olive wood carving shop. He was very friendly and boarded the bus for a bit to entertain the group. He sang Christmas songs in Aramaic, the language of the Savior.
It was also reported that Mr. Haymond, Austin's teacher, sang a couple of solos (Christmas songs) while they were in a chapel in Bethlehem! So cool.
*** I changed what I had listed for what they are doing tomorrow and from the email I got, I believe they changed a bit of their itinerary. So, the new schedule for tomorrow IS: they will visit the Ein Kerem, this is a village where John the Baptist was born. They will also go to the Model City and I think will get to the items they skipped today like the Old City, and the BYU Center.
Comments
Did I get back to you on violin? That would be so fun for Maylin! I have plenty of violins for rent (18 a month) and sale (3 to 5 hundred). Call Charles Liu 255-9636, I thik, and get a list of Suzuki teachers in your area.