Skip to main content

Hanging out in Paris

Each night, before bed we would stop at a little market by our hotel and pick up yogurt, fruit or granola for breakfast. We would eat in our apartment before heading out. Friday, we had a low key day just wandering around Paris and enjoying everything. We explored the area around the University of Sorbonne. We saw the Pantheon which we thought was really cool. They had great things about Joan of Arc which Kenzie was especially interested in as she had studied her in school. The crypt was neat too with lots of famous people in it, like Victor Hugo, Rousseau, Louis Braille etc. The building was originally built as a church dedicated to St. Genevieve. It was interesting to learn about her through art and the heroic things she did for Paris. We liked this stop a lot.

We also walked the great shopping streets near the Pantheon and enjoyed the awesome boutiques. We spent a lot of time in a great shoe store and we both ended up with a pair! Pretty cool. We wound our way to the Luxembourg Gardens. We grabbed McDonalds and had a picnic in the park watching the children sail boats in a little pond. It was fun to watch the people and we enjoyed that for hours. We loved walking through the park and watching men play Bocce Ball. It was really relaxing and fun.

After that, we headed to a fabulous pastry store I had heard about. We bought pastries to eat right then, and some for later when we were at the Arch de Triumph. We stopped by the Bridge of Alexander.....my choice. Now sure why I was so intrigued by a bridge, but I was. It was beautiful. We then walked down the Champs de Elysee. We enjoyed the shops, the atmosphere, the unique flavored McFlurries at McDonalds, the car shops along the way. It was fun to just casually enjoy this famous street. When we got to the Arch, they were just starting the daily parade, unknown solider ceremony that takes place under the arch. We met a fabulous lady from Miami that spends 4 months a year in Paris. She taught us a lot. After the ceremony, we climbed up the arch and enjoyed the views! After climbing Notre Dame and the Eiffel Tower in one day, this was a breeze. The view was amazing and it was so cool to be in and on top of the arch. At the base, we ate our remaining treats. We then walked back down the street stopping at the ever famous...and DELICIOUS.... macaron store the Laduree. We bought some to take with us. They were so good.

We walked the right and left banks and just enjoyed the evening and then stopped at a shop near our apartment for dinner. We had an early night as we had lots planned the next day.

One of our most favorite things about Paris was the window boxes with bright geraniums in them.

The University.

The Pantheon


The Pantheon was all about the heroes of France and how they dealt with hard times.


Awesome shopping and awesome pastry shops!


Luxembourg Gardens! Beautiful. Awesome way to see the lifestyle there. It was so great to just chill and enjoy. 



It was so fun to watch the children sail the boats. They would rent them from a vendor next to the pond. 

 Beautiful government building in the park.

More square trees.


Bocce Ball. We also met a family from the states that were on a tour and that were ultimate Frisbee athletes. It was fun to get to know them. We watched these two guys play Bocce Ball for probably 30 minutes. It was so cool. 


The gorgeous bridge. I loved it here.









Disney Store. We took this because our family at home just let us know that morning they were heading to Disneyland for the weekend 

This panda was painted by a famous new artist. Didn't get the name down. Forgot it.


This is an incredibly famous parfume store. The decorations were incredible. They were made of paper.











The Arch! The traffic around the arch was very entertaining to watch. The only really rule is people getting on have the right away......getting off, you could be there a while.



The ceremony for the unknown solider. 





On top of the arch!




The stairs to the top.





Inside the arch. Loved the gift shop in there too.

Down at the base we ate our remaining pastries. YUM!!

A raspberry tart from Gerard Mulot.


Laudree's - it was a beautiful store. 






Ambercrombie and Fitch head quarters. Pretty fancy.




Dinner.


We would pass this place every day to and from our apartment. Kenzie loved it. We had to take a picture of its color!







Comments

Nate said…
I love your trip jounal!
emma nelson said…
Pictures are great...almost like being there. Beautiful Paris and beautiful family/
Claudia said…
You've got some really pretty pictures!

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...