Skip to main content

Notre Dame. Up close and personal

Today we saw every nook and cranny of Notre Dame. It was the highlight of the trip for Kenzie. We also placed our love locks and visited the Deportation Memorial. It is on the Island too, but was closed our first day. We walked the Left Bank and enjoyed the booksellers, ate in the Latin Quarter and yes, in the same day visited the Rodin Museum. So awesome!!! I love that stuff and it was great to introduce him to Kenzie. We then walked to see Napolean's tomb. Man he likes to make a show and then we walked down the Rue Clur!!!! So awesome. The best market street ever! We bought fabulous fresh fruits and chocolates and bread to eat when we made it to the Eiffel Tower. We walked there......yes, we put on the miles. It was so awesome for me to watch Kenzie's face as we rounded the corner and BAM! there was the tower. She was so excited.

We hiked to the highest tier you can walk to. I don't do elevators and Kens didn't want to go without me. I was worried she would be sad, but she had no regrets. We took fabulous selfies on the tower! We even ate some of our macarons we purchased on Rue Clur on top of the tower. We shopped a bit in the stores in the tower and just took our time. Once at the bottom, we took a cruise on the River Seine. It was awesome. We also shared the BEST savory crepe from the popular stand by the tower and river.

By then it was getting close to dusk so we found a great spot to watch the Eiffel Tower lights and to eat our fruit and other treats from Rue Clur. It was an absolutely amazing night. Even though we got lost on our way home. I was dang nervous about that!




We climbed up to the bell towers. Here Kenzie is peeking in! We went up another big staircase even higher. Lots of leg work. Views were worth the effort!




















Placing our love locks!




Deportation Memorial. In memory of those persecuted and killed under Hitler rule.

Walking the bank. 

LUNCH 
Gyros. We loved this place. Ate here twice during our trip. 




 Dessert. Across the street from the lunch place. Good thing we did lots of walking.



The Metro! We loved it. Could not have seen as much with out it. 



My place! The Rodin Museum. I love art. 



Famous! This was so fun to see.





We went to see where Napoleon was buried. Amazing place. 




RUE CLUR! So cool. 








 She was so surprised to see the tower just be there when we walked around the corner. Of course, while we were taking pictures, some Chinese tourists just grabbed her and started posing with her. We laughed. It was CHINA all over again.

The yellow ball is a tennis ball. We were there during the French Open. At night it looked like the moon. 





Enjoying a treat from Rue Clur. 




Dinner by the river and then the cruise. The food was delicious. We always shared. 



Enjoying a fresh apricot. 


Cruise time. Selfie time. 





Getting ready for the light show.








Awesome day! We kept saying all day, "Can you believe where we are."






Comments

emma nelson said…
Such a great opportunity for you both. You saw it all! you both looked so happy! Tell Alex we both thought his art work was incredible. He really ought to pursue it. Doing that with a spray can showing light, dark and depth in incredible. Proud of you all!.
Circe said…
You are KILLING me! You did all the best things! You are an amazing trip planner. But you're making my heart hurt. I want to be in Paris!

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...