Skip to main content

Paris Opera, shopping and a French cooking class

We were really excited about our Saturday! We planned on taking a tour of the Opera House (we watched the film before we came), shopping at the awesome Galeries near the opera house and taking a French macaron cooking class later that day.

We loved shopping! The stores were incredible. They were HUGE and had the most beautiful architecture and displays. We bought perfume and I got a skirt. Kenzie got a cute dress earlier in the week, so I needed something. It was an incredible shopping day. We shopped before our tour of the opera house and then again after our cooking class.


The building was worth the look. Shopping was awesome too. Every designer you could think of. 


These necklaces were in the thousands.....American dollars. We didn't buy.

You can see 4 floors here, but here were two or three more under the glass dome. It was HUGE>

Gold in the banister.


We bought our perfume from one of these stores.


We also went to the Galeries Lafayette.


OPERA HOUSE!







Box 5



This part of the opera house was designed to look like the Hall of Mirrors at Versaillies.


The grand staircase.



It was so beautiful and the history was amazing!



 A tribute statue to Charles Garnier, architect of the Opera House.





Inside the theater! So cool. It was crowded in there, but cool.




A view of the Opera House from the top of the Galeries.


After the tour, we took the metro to our cooking class. We had time for lunch and had one of the best lunches of our trip! Potatoes and steak. Then we headed to our Macaron class which was right next door to the restaurant. There were 8 of us in the class. We got to meet some fun people from around the world and our chef was very fun. We made bright colorful macarons, that were delicious. We each got to take home a HUGE box. It was so fun. 

Lunch at Trumilos. Our waiter spoke in an English accent, but was from France. He said he had watched Snatch with Brad Pitt over 10 times and learned the accent. He has spoken in that accent ever since.


Cooking class!










Afterward, we went back to the shopping stores we were at earlier and stayed until closing. Then we went to the Eiffel Tower again. Kenzie wanted to see the light show one more time and have her favorite Nutella crepe.





Comments

The Stanley's said…
The pictures are all so wonderful! I am so jealous!!!
Golda Cristine said…
What an amazing trip! I love the repetto display :)
You guys definitely did Paris right!! ~Golda
emma nelson said…
Well, now I can see what I missed when we were there..Everything! All we saw was the Louve and the Eiffel Tower. You saw the real thing!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...