Skip to main content

A little bit of Trump

McKenzie had to do an extra credit project for her Interior Design class. She had to go to the Grand American hotel and check out their furnishings and write about them. She came home and we took the two girls and drove downtown for a fun night out. When we got down town we realized Trump was there for a rally. As we pulled up to the hotel, there were tons of protesters and we realized his rally was right across the street. We hurried an pulled into the hotel and started to walk around only to find TONS of police also in the building. Apparently, they were using the hotel as their headquarters. We walked around quickly and got what she needed and left, just as they closed the parking garage! They had us take a back entrance out and we were barely able to get out of downtown before they closed off the streets. Our evening ended early, but I guess you could say we were apart of the history of this year's election.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...