Skip to main content

Random happenings

The things I really want to remember the most about my family are all the funny, random, silly, amazing things that happen in our home. Sometimes they are so simple and only last a minute, but they are things that make us who we are. We have 3 dogs, for example. I was not a dog person until about 3 years ago. My husband brought a dog home without asking. That was a rough time in our marriage. The dog was horrible. He bit everyone. We had to put him down. To replace him in my children's hearts we got Bailey. He is THE CUTEST dog and BEST dog ever. He changed my heart. He was lonely though, so when we had him a year we bought his half brother Buzz. He fits his name. He literally buzzes everywhere he goes. He is hyper, crazy, but super loving. We love how these tiny boys do most everything. One is 5.8 pounds and the other is 4.6 pounds. We also have Koi. Alex bought Koi. He reminds me everyday why I do not like dogs. Ugh. But, I love my child.

Buzz has a medical problem as of late. His private part will not go in where it needs to. It hangs out. we have been to the doctor and it is dangerous and he might need surgery, but until then we protect it with KY and diapers. Seriously. I diaper my dog cause his private part won't go away. I am crazy. 

Here are my two sweeties. Also, below are pictures of Alex's art work and his blacksmith set up. He decided he wanted to learn the art so he found stuff and built a blacksmith shop in our yard. I am waiting for things to burn and melt........

Austin, has been going to school year round for over two years, until he got to take a semester off for heart surgery. He gets pretty stressed with everything going on in his life. He gets a chuckle and a relief from his stress by doing Face Swap.....some phone app. Below he swapped his face with a Barbie's. He is so funny. Currently, he is back in school and when he visits, he is always doing math problems on my windows, mirror etc with white board markers.

Maylin loves cheesecake. Whenever we have some she loves to eat it and will make signs that say "Maylin's do not touch." She places these signs in the fridge on the cheesecake. Here is a pic of her having cheesecake for breakfast.

McKenzie is living away from home and working as well as going to college. We see her once every other week. We are proud of her too.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...