In April, we had a few days of really great weather. It was such a blessing considering we had such a long, cold, and snowy winter. Kenzie was home for the weekend and so we went on a hike to Ghost Falls in the Draper Canyon. It only took us a few hours, but it was awesome to be outside in the sun. The trees hadn't even bloomed or budded yet, so everything was still brown, but it was still glorious to be outside in the warmth.
We walked up to the falls and then tried to find our way back down on a different trail. We ended up getting a little lost thanks to me, but a great mountain biker showed us the correct way to get down. We tried running a lot of the trail. I was surprised at how well I did considering it was the first trail run of the season. It was fun to be with Kens and to catch up on our girl talk.
Also, Maylin got moved up in tumbling to level 3. She is doing great. She almost has her back hand spring. As I watch her do her moves, I wish I could do that!
We walked up to the falls and then tried to find our way back down on a different trail. We ended up getting a little lost thanks to me, but a great mountain biker showed us the correct way to get down. We tried running a lot of the trail. I was surprised at how well I did considering it was the first trail run of the season. It was fun to be with Kens and to catch up on our girl talk.
Also, Maylin got moved up in tumbling to level 3. She is doing great. She almost has her back hand spring. As I watch her do her moves, I wish I could do that!
Comments