Skip to main content

Pre-surgery family time

This post should have been put in the day before Austin's surgery, but at this point I guess I should be glad it is posted at all. The day before surgery we wanted to do something together as a family since it would be awhile with us up at the hospital and Austin being out of commission for 6 weeks. We let Austin choose. We started the day at Penny Anne's Cafe which has the best breakfast in town! We had the usual hour wait so we hung out at a spice shop next door coloring and checking out the cool spices. We had a great breakfast. Then we loaded up our stuff and went shooting. Austin has developed a love for guns and shooting. He knew this was something he wouldn't be able to do, so we went. I am not a gun fan, but I wanted him to have a good day. We all went shooting at a range and he taught us how to do everything safely. Maylin shot a few times, but enjoyed playing with the shells more than anything. I shot an AR 15, a hand gun and a shot gun. Man that kick back on the shot gun hurts an old lady shoulder. This is something I NEVER thought I would do. It was fun and interesting and great to see Austin so happy. After that, we went to a movie and then to dinner at Joe's Crab Shack.

It was great to be together. The night ended with a blessing from Jay to Austin using the Priesthood the men in our religion hold. It was a great night.

It was so funny to see the big kids sit on these little barrel seats to color.














Comments

emma nelson said…
It's been so fun to see your family in action again. you do so much together and it makes me feel so sad to think how we missed the boat...so much work and church responsibilities I guess. Everyone turned out OK though and that's what's important.

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...