So this happened in January........ Alex wanted to go snowboarding and Austin wanted to go skiing before Austin had open heart surgery in February. The girls did not want to be left out. Kenzie had skied before, but it had been a couple of years and the last time was not the best experience. She spent more time on her face and bum than her feet. Maylin had never been and really wanted to learn so we signed both girls up for a lesson together. They had so much fun! Kenzie really felt comfortable again and Maylin caught on so quickly! Maylin has already requested that she get her own skis for Christmas next year! What a doll.
Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...
Comments