NieNie Dialogues - March 21, 2019
Stephanie shared about how in her youth she tried to play basketball because she had 5 brothers. She wanted to be like them. She played a lot of basketball and worked on her jump shot. She played for her ward team and eventually she played on the junior high team. She ended up not doing school basketball again and moved to cheer leading. However, she shared how her kids wanted to see her play so she took them to the church gym one day and showed them her jump shot. She said it was a little rusty, but it was good to try again something she had worked hard on when she was younger.
I really related to that post. Alex is such a good athlete. He plays every sport and is good at all of them. I remember watching him play volleyball. He was so good. He could jump high, serve overhand, block balls, and hit them back to the other team so hard they could not return them. While he was on his mission, I decided I wanted to play sports too. My mom signed me up to play volleyball at the rec center. I wasn't as good at it as he was and it was difficult because I didn't know anyone on my team. I'm doing better than I did last year, I am still shy but I'm trying to become better friends with my teammates.
It is important for me to play sports so I can teach my kids when I am older. It's not about how good I am at the sport, it's about how good of a teammate I am. I need to teach my children how to make friends, getting out of their comfort zone and how to work hard on getting better.
Stephanie shared about how in her youth she tried to play basketball because she had 5 brothers. She wanted to be like them. She played a lot of basketball and worked on her jump shot. She played for her ward team and eventually she played on the junior high team. She ended up not doing school basketball again and moved to cheer leading. However, she shared how her kids wanted to see her play so she took them to the church gym one day and showed them her jump shot. She said it was a little rusty, but it was good to try again something she had worked hard on when she was younger.
I really related to that post. Alex is such a good athlete. He plays every sport and is good at all of them. I remember watching him play volleyball. He was so good. He could jump high, serve overhand, block balls, and hit them back to the other team so hard they could not return them. While he was on his mission, I decided I wanted to play sports too. My mom signed me up to play volleyball at the rec center. I wasn't as good at it as he was and it was difficult because I didn't know anyone on my team. I'm doing better than I did last year, I am still shy but I'm trying to become better friends with my teammates.
It is important for me to play sports so I can teach my kids when I am older. It's not about how good I am at the sport, it's about how good of a teammate I am. I need to teach my children how to make friends, getting out of their comfort zone and how to work hard on getting better.



Comments