NieNie Dialogues- April 10, 2019 post
Stephanie talked about what M. Russell Ballard said, "If mothers are thrifty, so are their daughters. If mothers are modest, so are their girls. Mothers, your example is extremely important to your daughters even though they don't acknowledge it." Stephanie talked about her daughters getting asked to prom and how they chose modest dresses. She also talked about how she regrets going to prom in an immodest dress.
I have been observing my mom, and whenever she goes to the gym she wears exercise leggings and never shorts. She always wears a shirt that covers her belly and her shoulders. She always wears her garments. Even when it is a really hot day she will still wear modest clothes. Even when she is swimming, she wears modest swimsuits. I always wear modest clothes. I know I have been taught to do that, but I did not realize until I read this blog post, that much of what I learned was from just watching my mother. Her actions were louder than her words. Since I have learned from my mom, I dress modestly and I have a modest swimsuit. I plan to teach my daughters this too, especially with my actions.
Stephanie talked about what M. Russell Ballard said, "If mothers are thrifty, so are their daughters. If mothers are modest, so are their girls. Mothers, your example is extremely important to your daughters even though they don't acknowledge it." Stephanie talked about her daughters getting asked to prom and how they chose modest dresses. She also talked about how she regrets going to prom in an immodest dress.
I have been observing my mom, and whenever she goes to the gym she wears exercise leggings and never shorts. She always wears a shirt that covers her belly and her shoulders. She always wears her garments. Even when it is a really hot day she will still wear modest clothes. Even when she is swimming, she wears modest swimsuits. I always wear modest clothes. I know I have been taught to do that, but I did not realize until I read this blog post, that much of what I learned was from just watching my mother. Her actions were louder than her words. Since I have learned from my mom, I dress modestly and I have a modest swimsuit. I plan to teach my daughters this too, especially with my actions.
Comments