NieNie Dialogues- April 2, 2019 post
Stephanie posted that her and her family do a social media fast two times a year every time before General Conference. Her family does it because they want to focus and prepare for the speakers and what matters most. They also do the social media fast so they can focus on what is coming in General Conference. She said, "It's so nice to leave my phone, and the social media behind. It's so nice to not feel like I need to know what other people are doing, how much more fun they are having than me, or cuter, or more successful, or what I am missing out on, (and on and on)." It helps her have a more focused attitude on her children and the things that matter most. She is trying to show her kids more affection to them daily.
I have done a social media fast two times. One time was in the sixth grade and we did it for three weeks. No movies, videos, social media, etc..., unless it was a video or a movie from the church. It was hard during the media fast but I got through it. After, I felt really good because it was nice to spend time with my family and friends without electronics. My family was very supporting of me and most of my friends were too. When one of my friends asked me if I could hang out, I said sure but, I couldn't use any sort of media. She then, said she couldn't hang out anymore.
The second time was when President Nelson challenged us last fall to do a social media fast for a week. I enjoyed it because that time I did it with my mom so I was not alone. I had the same feelings as last time. It was nice to just do it for a week. I might do another social media fast again, if I have the opportunity. I can relate to Stephanie because I noticed that I focused on real relationships with my family and my friends more when I was not on social media.
Stephanie posted that her and her family do a social media fast two times a year every time before General Conference. Her family does it because they want to focus and prepare for the speakers and what matters most. They also do the social media fast so they can focus on what is coming in General Conference. She said, "It's so nice to leave my phone, and the social media behind. It's so nice to not feel like I need to know what other people are doing, how much more fun they are having than me, or cuter, or more successful, or what I am missing out on, (and on and on)." It helps her have a more focused attitude on her children and the things that matter most. She is trying to show her kids more affection to them daily.
I have done a social media fast two times. One time was in the sixth grade and we did it for three weeks. No movies, videos, social media, etc..., unless it was a video or a movie from the church. It was hard during the media fast but I got through it. After, I felt really good because it was nice to spend time with my family and friends without electronics. My family was very supporting of me and most of my friends were too. When one of my friends asked me if I could hang out, I said sure but, I couldn't use any sort of media. She then, said she couldn't hang out anymore.
The second time was when President Nelson challenged us last fall to do a social media fast for a week. I enjoyed it because that time I did it with my mom so I was not alone. I had the same feelings as last time. It was nice to just do it for a week. I might do another social media fast again, if I have the opportunity. I can relate to Stephanie because I noticed that I focused on real relationships with my family and my friends more when I was not on social media.
Comments