NieNie Dialogues- March 11, 2019 post
In this post, Stephanie said, "Even when there are lots of silly, sad, and mad moments, people still can have spiritual moments." Stephanie explained that even when was tickling her kids or doing a fun family activity, she would still have spiritual moments realizing that they were an eternal family because they are sealed in the temple.
I chose for my challenge to observe my home to see if I could find a spiritual moment even if we were not having family night or prayer. I had some recent experiences that showed me that this is true! For example, when we went to Florida over Spring break, I met my grandpa's new wife for the first time. I have been really sad since my grandma died and was nervous to meet his new wife. When we were at Disney World and having fun on the rides, getting wet on Splash Mountain, enjoying teasing each other, and eating good food, I found that I started to have loving feelings toward this new lady. In fact, during the Bug's Life Show, I had a huge loving feeling come over me and I asked her if I could call her grandma. She was so happy and got tears in her eyes. I realized that even at Disney World, the spirit could show me that I can love anyone and that family is more than being blood related.
Since my sister is getting married soon, she wanted to try on my mom's wedding dress. My mom started to get teary eyed because even though it was a happy moment she still had a spiritual moment. She started our family in that dress, and my sister, McKenzie, is continuing our forever family on. My mom taught my sister about how important it is to get married in the temple. McKenzie and her fiance are getting married in the Draper Temple on September 7, 2019. Even though they were having fun trying on the dress, my mom had a spiritual moment where she realized she had taught my sister correct principles and her daughter was making a correct choice.
Looking back, I realized that sending my brother on a mission was a sad moment, but it was still a spiritual moment. Even though I was really sad and I really was going to miss him, I knew he was doing the right thing and I knew he was being obedient. Even in that sad time, I had a testimony that he was doing what the Lord wanted. Maybe Heavenly Father wanted me to feel that so I wouldn't miss him so much the whole time he was gone.
I learned that the Lord does teach us things even in small moments where we are not looking for the spirit. We can find teaching moments in everything we do. We can see God's hand in everything we do. I would not have recognized these events in my life if I had not been looking for them, but since I was doing the challenge I saw them. Sometimes, all we have to do is look and be aware.
In this post, Stephanie said, "Even when there are lots of silly, sad, and mad moments, people still can have spiritual moments." Stephanie explained that even when was tickling her kids or doing a fun family activity, she would still have spiritual moments realizing that they were an eternal family because they are sealed in the temple.
I chose for my challenge to observe my home to see if I could find a spiritual moment even if we were not having family night or prayer. I had some recent experiences that showed me that this is true! For example, when we went to Florida over Spring break, I met my grandpa's new wife for the first time. I have been really sad since my grandma died and was nervous to meet his new wife. When we were at Disney World and having fun on the rides, getting wet on Splash Mountain, enjoying teasing each other, and eating good food, I found that I started to have loving feelings toward this new lady. In fact, during the Bug's Life Show, I had a huge loving feeling come over me and I asked her if I could call her grandma. She was so happy and got tears in her eyes. I realized that even at Disney World, the spirit could show me that I can love anyone and that family is more than being blood related.
Me and my new grandma.
Since my sister is getting married soon, she wanted to try on my mom's wedding dress. My mom started to get teary eyed because even though it was a happy moment she still had a spiritual moment. She started our family in that dress, and my sister, McKenzie, is continuing our forever family on. My mom taught my sister about how important it is to get married in the temple. McKenzie and her fiance are getting married in the Draper Temple on September 7, 2019. Even though they were having fun trying on the dress, my mom had a spiritual moment where she realized she had taught my sister correct principles and her daughter was making a correct choice.
Looking back, I realized that sending my brother on a mission was a sad moment, but it was still a spiritual moment. Even though I was really sad and I really was going to miss him, I knew he was doing the right thing and I knew he was being obedient. Even in that sad time, I had a testimony that he was doing what the Lord wanted. Maybe Heavenly Father wanted me to feel that so I wouldn't miss him so much the whole time he was gone.
My mom on a video call with my brother.
I learned that the Lord does teach us things even in small moments where we are not looking for the spirit. We can find teaching moments in everything we do. We can see God's hand in everything we do. I would not have recognized these events in my life if I had not been looking for them, but since I was doing the challenge I saw them. Sometimes, all we have to do is look and be aware.


Comments