NieNie Dialogues- March 18, 2019
This post was all about the fun traditions the Nielson family does on holidays. Stephanie specifically talked about St. Patrick's day and how her kids make new traditions every year. She shared some of their traditions and how it made their family closer and the day more special.
I decided with Easter coming up, I should add a new tradition to our regular Easter celebrations. I chose three families in my neighborhood to do this new tradition to. My family and I got 12 eggs for each neighbor and filled them all with candy except for one egg. In that egg, I left it empty and attached the scriptures that went along with the Resurrection. I also printed out a sign that explained that we hid 12 eggs in their yard and to not be disappointed that one of the eggs was empty because it represented the empty tomb. My family, even my sister's fiance, hid the eggs. We hid the eggs and then put the note on the neighbors' doors and we knocked and ran. It was so fun and we watched one family do the egg hunt. It was a fun tradition to add to our holiday.
I felt really good doing something for someone else and knowing that Heavenly Father will be the only one to know what my family did. It's the small and simple things that make people happy. If my family gets a chance to do it again, we would. I am grateful that I did that new tradition.
Traditions make families closer. When people do traditions they spend more time with their families. Traditions make memories that people can keep forever.
This post was all about the fun traditions the Nielson family does on holidays. Stephanie specifically talked about St. Patrick's day and how her kids make new traditions every year. She shared some of their traditions and how it made their family closer and the day more special.
I decided with Easter coming up, I should add a new tradition to our regular Easter celebrations. I chose three families in my neighborhood to do this new tradition to. My family and I got 12 eggs for each neighbor and filled them all with candy except for one egg. In that egg, I left it empty and attached the scriptures that went along with the Resurrection. I also printed out a sign that explained that we hid 12 eggs in their yard and to not be disappointed that one of the eggs was empty because it represented the empty tomb. My family, even my sister's fiance, hid the eggs. We hid the eggs and then put the note on the neighbors' doors and we knocked and ran. It was so fun and we watched one family do the egg hunt. It was a fun tradition to add to our holiday.
I felt really good doing something for someone else and knowing that Heavenly Father will be the only one to know what my family did. It's the small and simple things that make people happy. If my family gets a chance to do it again, we would. I am grateful that I did that new tradition.
Traditions make families closer. When people do traditions they spend more time with their families. Traditions make memories that people can keep forever.

Comments