NieNie Dialogues- April 8, 2019
Stephanie talked about how much she loves conference and how one of the speakers actually talked about one of her family's ancestors. She shared how she was grateful for that ancestor and grateful for all she learned from them. Conference weekend is one of her favorite things. She talked about how she and her family have been waiting since last October for this conference. She said they have been preparing for it since then. Since conference, she is taking what the speakers said and working on the adding the counsel into their lives.
I thought it was very neat how Stephanie's ancestor was talked about in conference. I realized that even though one of my relatives was not talked about, they were still great. I decided to learn about one of my ancestors. I chose my great-great grandfather Andrew O. Nelson. He barely spoke any English even up to his death. He came to America when he was 41 with his family from Sweden. He was a convert to the church. He joined the church when he was 34 years old. Once he moved to Sandy, he became a sugar beet farmer. His neighbors said he never had weeds on his farm and always worked hard to keep it nice. He helped bring water pipes into Sandy City. He was a ward teacher for many years and he had three children. He could sew quilts, aprons, dish towels, and he made rugs. He would invite some of his Swedish friends over that now lived in Sandy and would have game nights. He felt this was good for them to have people to connect with from home. He had three siblings, Ida, Carl, and Edward. He was very sweet and hard working. He was walking home one evening when he got hit by a car and was killed.
I appreciate that my ancestor came to America so my family could live here. I'm glad that he worked so hard so my family can enjoy all of the freedoms we have here. I am glad that he became a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. If he wouldn't have I would not be here with my wonderful family. My mom loves to garden like Andrew. I think she loves gardening because of him. I liked how he took care of his friends. I try hard to be thoughtful and he inspired me to even reach out to others more.
This is a picture of my Andrew with his family.
Stephanie talked about how much she loves conference and how one of the speakers actually talked about one of her family's ancestors. She shared how she was grateful for that ancestor and grateful for all she learned from them. Conference weekend is one of her favorite things. She talked about how she and her family have been waiting since last October for this conference. She said they have been preparing for it since then. Since conference, she is taking what the speakers said and working on the adding the counsel into their lives.
I thought it was very neat how Stephanie's ancestor was talked about in conference. I realized that even though one of my relatives was not talked about, they were still great. I decided to learn about one of my ancestors. I chose my great-great grandfather Andrew O. Nelson. He barely spoke any English even up to his death. He came to America when he was 41 with his family from Sweden. He was a convert to the church. He joined the church when he was 34 years old. Once he moved to Sandy, he became a sugar beet farmer. His neighbors said he never had weeds on his farm and always worked hard to keep it nice. He helped bring water pipes into Sandy City. He was a ward teacher for many years and he had three children. He could sew quilts, aprons, dish towels, and he made rugs. He would invite some of his Swedish friends over that now lived in Sandy and would have game nights. He felt this was good for them to have people to connect with from home. He had three siblings, Ida, Carl, and Edward. He was very sweet and hard working. He was walking home one evening when he got hit by a car and was killed.
I appreciate that my ancestor came to America so my family could live here. I'm glad that he worked so hard so my family can enjoy all of the freedoms we have here. I am glad that he became a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. If he wouldn't have I would not be here with my wonderful family. My mom loves to garden like Andrew. I think she loves gardening because of him. I liked how he took care of his friends. I try hard to be thoughtful and he inspired me to even reach out to others more.
This is a picture of my Andrew with his family.
Comments