At American Heritage School, in seventh grade, we do Master Projects. A Master Project is where you choose a person and do a huge assignment on them with the goal of learning about a person who made a difference in the world. The whole assignment is based on 4-Ring. You go through the steps of Research, Reason, Relate and Record. For every Master Project, you read a biography on the person you chose to learn about and then you do various projects showing what you learned and you do activities that help you develop one of their positive qualities. You record all that you do. Some of the assignments are, interviewing them, doing a character chart, word study, a paper on the major settings in their life, service projects and art projects etc. Then you use a protocol that takes you step by step.
For my Master Project, I chose Stephanie Nielson. Stephanie Nielson was in a terrible small plane crash. She was with her husband and her friend. Those two were flying the plane and Stephanie was the passenger. She had the chance to choose whether she lived or died, but she chose life and she experienced many miracles on the way. I liked how she showed spiritual strength. She fought for her life when she had her crash because of her children. She showed me that even when times are hard, you can still look at it as a blessing. I learned from her that appearances do not matter. She showed me that what we do and how we feel are what is important.
For one of my projects, I needed to creatively research another aspect of her life and then for another project, creatively record what I learned and how I felt about it. Another project was to creatively relate what I learned to my life. I am combining these three projects into this blog. For the research part, I read Stephanie's blog, The NieNie Dialogues. She had this blog before her accident, but then afterward she used it to show people how she was using her strength and the spirit of the Lord to recover. She still blogs today and it is focused on gratitude, family, testimony, and live in general. For the record part, I chose to create my own blog. Here, I explain what I read and how I felt about it. To relate, I wanted to take some of the challenges she did with her family and do them personally and then see how they made a difference in my life. I am recording my experiences here.
I hope you enjoy following a long.
For my Master Project, I chose Stephanie Nielson. Stephanie Nielson was in a terrible small plane crash. She was with her husband and her friend. Those two were flying the plane and Stephanie was the passenger. She had the chance to choose whether she lived or died, but she chose life and she experienced many miracles on the way. I liked how she showed spiritual strength. She fought for her life when she had her crash because of her children. She showed me that even when times are hard, you can still look at it as a blessing. I learned from her that appearances do not matter. She showed me that what we do and how we feel are what is important.
For one of my projects, I needed to creatively research another aspect of her life and then for another project, creatively record what I learned and how I felt about it. Another project was to creatively relate what I learned to my life. I am combining these three projects into this blog. For the research part, I read Stephanie's blog, The NieNie Dialogues. She had this blog before her accident, but then afterward she used it to show people how she was using her strength and the spirit of the Lord to recover. She still blogs today and it is focused on gratitude, family, testimony, and live in general. For the record part, I chose to create my own blog. Here, I explain what I read and how I felt about it. To relate, I wanted to take some of the challenges she did with her family and do them personally and then see how they made a difference in my life. I am recording my experiences here.
I hope you enjoy following a long.
Comments